Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought a new apple phone, after restoring with my Apple ID I am required to enter a passcode to be able to enable Face ID but I never put in any passcode. The old one too is not picking it. Please any help available will be much appreciated

I just bought a new apple phone, after restoring with my Apple ID I am required to enter a passcode to be able to enable Face ID but I never put in any passcode. The old one too is not picking it. Please any help available will be much appreciated

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 10:42 AM

See Set up Face ID on iPhone https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/set-up-face-id-iph6d162927a/ios

2 replies

Aug 18, 2020 10:39 AM in response to achina

achina wrote:

IF you never used face id before, then you need to create a 6 digit passcode, that is required.

If you have used it, then you need to enter the 6 digit passcode, same code used to unlock your device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.