Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

For a couple of websites, I am continuously getting the above error message. I was able to access these just a couple of days ago. It’s the same issue with my iPhone as well (happens on Chrome and Safari both) and WiFi and Mobile Data both.

Already tried resetting Network Reset, clearing Browser Data and checking my Date & Time.

im using iPad 7th Gen with iOS 13.6.1

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 12:50 PM

Hey. Yes so the website isn’t loading on my computer either. In fact, the websites stopped loading almost simultaneously on my iPhone, iPad and my windows PC. I first thought there is an issue with my WiFi but the same happened on mobile data as well.

7 replies

Aug 19, 2020 8:48 AM in response to AbhishekPriyadarshi93

Hi AbhishekPriyadarshi93,

It sounds like you are experiencing issues loading certain webpages on your iOS devices. We can help get you pointed in the right direction for support.

Have you tried to load the same webpages using a computer? If not, are you able to test this now? If the issue does not occur when loading the webpages on a computer, there may be something wrong with the website itself. If that is the case, we'd recommend contacting the website developer for further assistance with the mobile website.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us directly for further assistance. You can get started here: Get Support

Take care!

Aug 19, 2020 8:58 AM in response to AbhishekPriyadarshi93

Possible causes include add-on VPN clients, add-on anti-malware, maybe stale cookies or cached data, issues with a Safari extension, or an issue with the website or website DNS.

As clearing the browser data didn’t clear this, check for and disable any add-on ad-blocker or other add-on browser extension. And remove any add-on anti-malware, and remove any add-on VPN client. Even if you’re certain the VPN is not in use, remove it.

Aug 19, 2020 1:47 PM in response to AbhishekPriyadarshi93

If this is an issue on the remote web server, there's nothing you can do to resolve this. At best, a workaround might be available, pending a fix on the web server.

If multiple separate local computer systems are all showing the same error, then it's either with your router-firewall box or maybe a web content ("nanny") filter or an ad filter configured within that router-firewall box (not entirely common, but a few folks do have those configured in their router), or it's an issue with your DNS configuration (some folks have specific DNS server settings, and for any of various reasons including content filtering and ad filtering), or it's an issue on the remote web servers.

As for the app checks, you'll have installed a VPN client app, or an anti-malware app, if one or more of those apps are present. But if this misbehavior is showing across multiple devices, it's unlikely your iPad.

If it's not a sensitive website and if showing the error doesn't require a login onto the web site, you could post the URL address and somebody here might be able to independently check.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.