Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am being told my browser on my iPad is outdated and I need to update it .

I will repeat myself; I keep on being told that my browser (Safari)on my iPad is outdated & I need to update it. But now I’m told that Apple no longer offers Safari updates for Windows, that 5.1.7 was the last version made for Windows, and it is now outdated.

So what can I do to get an up-to-date browser for my iPad and avoid so many errors and interruptions?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 3:14 PM

You seem to be addressing two very different things.

Relloznana wrote:

I keep on being told that my browser (Safari)on my iPad is outdated & I need to update it.

Safari is included with iPadOS. If you are using the current iPadOS version (13.6.1), then you have the latest Safari version.

I’m told that Apple no longer offers Safari updates for Windows, that 5.1.7 was the last version made for Windows

Safari for Windows has absolutely nothing to do with Safari for iPad.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 3:14 PM in response to Relloznana

You seem to be addressing two very different things.

Relloznana wrote:

I keep on being told that my browser (Safari)on my iPad is outdated & I need to update it.

Safari is included with iPadOS. If you are using the current iPadOS version (13.6.1), then you have the latest Safari version.

I’m told that Apple no longer offers Safari updates for Windows, that 5.1.7 was the last version made for Windows

Safari for Windows has absolutely nothing to do with Safari for iPad.

Aug 18, 2020 3:29 PM in response to Relloznana

Some websites incorrectly identify your iPadOS Safari User Agent when used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which their are two - these being Desktop and Mobile.

It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed.

This workaround, for troublesome websites, should resolve your problem.

I am being told my browser on my iPad is outdated and I need to update it .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.