Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsuccessful gift card code. Will not load

My purchased $25 gift card will not load after entering code

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 3:26 PM

lavern97 Said:

"Unsuccessful gift card code. Will not load My purchased $25 gift card will not load after entering code"

-------

Where did you get this card?

Three Scenarios to Troubleshoot:

• If Purchased at a Retailer:

Take this back to the seller, an request a swapout. This time, add it to your account right-then-and-there at the cash register after the transaction goes through.

• If Purchased Online:

If you purchased this online and at a Web site, contact them, seeing what your options are when it comes to gift card scams.

• If Purchased In-Person:

If this was a face-to-face purchase, there may be nothing that can be done about this, but a refund from the seller.

Important Links:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 3:26 PM in response to lavern97

lavern97 Said:

"Unsuccessful gift card code. Will not load My purchased $25 gift card will not load after entering code"

-------

Where did you get this card?

Three Scenarios to Troubleshoot:

• If Purchased at a Retailer:

Take this back to the seller, an request a swapout. This time, add it to your account right-then-and-there at the cash register after the transaction goes through.

• If Purchased Online:

If you purchased this online and at a Web site, contact them, seeing what your options are when it comes to gift card scams.

• If Purchased In-Person:

If this was a face-to-face purchase, there may be nothing that can be done about this, but a refund from the seller.

Important Links:

Aug 18, 2020 3:29 PM in response to lavern97

lavern97 Said:

-------

Some Thoughts:

A. Where did you get these?

If purchased online, contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable and if you can get his money back. If it is a personal purchase, then there may be nothing you can do about this other than taking it up with the seller.

B. Add these at the Cash Register:

But, add them to you account right-the-and-there at the cash register - that way you can be assured that it goes through.

C. Go Here:

D. Learn from this:

If it is too good of a deal - then it is likely a scam - beyond any doubt. So, take this as a learning experience - allow the owner to let you add this to your account prior to the purchase. If the seller disabides by those rules - don't follow through with it.

Unsuccessful gift card code. Will not load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.