Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts

I just got a new iPhone and it was working great..... but when I get a text message or call from people the contact name is not showing up just the number. I was on the phone with customer service and he said he has never seen this before, and there was nothing he could do. He didn’t know how to fix it. I googled it and it seems common with the iPhone. But it’s super frustrating. I tried to go to I cloud and toggle contacts on and off and resetting phone and it is still doing it. It’s super frustrating. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 6:31 PM

Add the email account which hosts your Contacts.

Contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 6:31 PM in response to Morgancmccoy

Add the email account which hosts your Contacts.

Contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.