Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot purchase any apps in the store even if they are free and all my payment methods are declined, is there any way to fix this issue?

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 12:54 AM

That doesn't say anything about your payment method being declined.

Every account has to have a valid payment method unless there is a None option in the payment methods. Because only the user should know the payment method details, the system may ask for the details to verify that it is the owner actually using the account.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 12:54 AM in response to Toddk781

That doesn't say anything about your payment method being declined.

Every account has to have a valid payment method unless there is a None option in the payment methods. Because only the user should know the payment method details, the system may ask for the details to verify that it is the owner actually using the account.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Aug 19, 2020 1:46 AM in response to Dah•veed

I removed my payment method and changed it to another card which also declined even though I have money in the account and then changed to none after for a free app, then this kept popping up even after verifying my account. The app wouldn’t download and no matter how many times I verify this just pops up immediately afterwards. So I’m kind of lost here.

I cannot purchase any apps in the store even if they are free and all my payment methods are declined, is there any way to fix this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.