Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green Tint on my iphone x

There is a green tint on my iPhone X along with a permanent green/black bar on top right side of my display. It came out all of sudden. It kept disappearing after some time and comes back again. Clearly this is a software issue since Apple acknowledged it. Fun fact is that even though the green bar persistent and visible, the green tint is visible in low brightness or dark mode. Am out of warranty and is apple intentionally doing this ? Cozz they are known for such bad practices in the past. Iam getting helpless and keep waiting for updates where none worked. Actually in some update ios destroyed the display. What can i do now. I know that changing the display of a 2.5 year old Iphone for a bigger cost is ridiculous and it might wont fix it as i have seen many new iPhone users also experiencing this.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 7:57 PM

Hi, I have the same problem with my phone. Thats almost exactly what my screen looks like too. I’m using an Iphone X and yesterday, the screen just decided to get a green tint and would flicker every now and then. I panicked so i turned it off right away, not wanting to cause anymore damage. I also thought that maybe it got wet or something but i really doubt it. It happened really randomly and I’m kinda freaking out. Hopefully someone has a concrete solution for this.

67 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 7:57 PM in response to Losbow

Hi, I have the same problem with my phone. Thats almost exactly what my screen looks like too. I’m using an Iphone X and yesterday, the screen just decided to get a green tint and would flicker every now and then. I panicked so i turned it off right away, not wanting to cause anymore damage. I also thought that maybe it got wet or something but i really doubt it. It happened really randomly and I’m kinda freaking out. Hopefully someone has a concrete solution for this.

Dec 10, 2020 8:46 AM in response to ManojBoopathy

“...So "if your phone is bust get it repaired.” doesn't fit here....”

It applies in all cases, the link I gave https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair/service will apply before or after warranty ends. You will get a new screen or a replacement phone. The cost will depend on too many factors to go through now.

It is of course entirely optional, you also can live with it, or recycle it, or get a full price new phone, or use your country’s consumer protection laws.

“...Which may trigger people to think that the company is doing this deliberately ...”

yes definitely go for the therapist.

Dec 6, 2020 12:47 AM in response to jayvon273

“....Also, Apple is claiming only the iPhone 11 and 12’s are affected....”

Please quote the article written by Apple. I am interested.

I am not aware of any recall screens since the iphone X touch problem.

It can be caused by a drop, or moisture, or overheating, or just plain worn out.

Out of warranty or Applecare+ it requires a paid-for repair.

Oct 4, 2020 11:50 AM in response to MohamedSiyas

My iPhone X now has the exact same issue after updating to iOS 14.0.1. The green bar is persistent and the screen flicks on low brightness. I’ve done hard reset,resetting to factory settings and even wiped out completely then installed iOS via iTunes. Nothing happened. Am frustrated to the core knowing the repair would cost a fortune. Suggestions please.

Dec 7, 2020 7:14 AM in response to Filvin

For some iphone 11

The company has announced a replacement program and confirmed that affected devices were manufactured during a six-month period between November 2019 and May 2020. 

Yes an update can cause hardware to break but it is the process rather than the software. Updates put extra stress onto the phone and any existing weakness can snap during it. To suggest “Apple broke my phone” is balderdash.

Dec 4, 2020 5:37 PM in response to ManojBoopathy

I too got the same issue. Green tint exactly like the picture posted in first reply.

I too did an update two months back, and after that this issue started. It used to go off once in a while, but will come back.

I am using a temporary phone now, since cost of screen replacement is too high.

I dint drop my phone or spill water or anything. This happened from a software update. Am surprised.

Is apple intentionally doing this?

Aug 19, 2020 1:18 AM in response to Pactricia666

Thanks for replying.

Yes it is absolutely random. Now it do exist for more than 24 hrs and still not yet gone. Its all of random. First time i experienced was while keeping it charged and unlocking the device. But it disappears all of random, sometimes while watching videos. But it had never disappeared when phone was idle.

I tried restarting, changing os etc.

Now what left for me to do is hard reset and update OS via itunes. But i dont have hopes left for that.

Never expected this from Apple. I didnt even step out of house for months to have it any kind of water issue or drop. This looks like many people are facing the same issue after ios 13.5 update but still no fix.

Aug 22, 2020 3:23 AM in response to LD150

This is not a result of over heating or something. Its definitely a software issue which apple hasn’t been able to resolve with ios13.6.1. I am having the same issue since last 4-5 days. Didn’t expect this from apple.

its a bug that need to be taken care. Alot of people are facing this issue as the latest update could not resolve the issue.

Green Tint on my iphone x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.