Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s

Hello, I just transferred all my stuff to my new iPhone, so is it safe to delete everything from my old iPhone? Because it seems like if I delete a picture for example from my old iphone it automatically deletes it from my new phone as well? Why does it do that?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 9:45 PM

This happens because both of your iPhones are connected to the same iCloud account and therefore iCloud is attempting to keep those devices in sync with each other.

I understand that you wish to delete everything from your old iPhone without affecting your newly setup new iPhone.

Please follow this guideline published by Apple and perform the mentioned task on your OLD iPhone ➔ Prepare your iPhone to be sold, given away or traded-in.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 9:45 PM in response to Lanaburbel

This happens because both of your iPhones are connected to the same iCloud account and therefore iCloud is attempting to keep those devices in sync with each other.

I understand that you wish to delete everything from your old iPhone without affecting your newly setup new iPhone.

Please follow this guideline published by Apple and perform the mentioned task on your OLD iPhone ➔ Prepare your iPhone to be sold, given away or traded-in.

Axel F.

iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.