Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to check for updates

Unable to check for updates. Didn't get a response from the Apple Software Update service. Can you help me please. my safari, app store don't work and speakers stop working on 2:33 minute

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 6:53 AM

gulaiym12 Said:

Unable to check for updates: Unable to check for updates. Didn't get a response from the Apple Software Update service. Can you help me please. my safari, app store don't work and speakers stop working on 2:33 minute

———-

Try the Following:

A. Create a new Administrator User:

see if you can install the update.

B. Boot into Safe Mode:

Hold Down: shift key upon boot]

And:

C. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Keyboard and Sound) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your hard drive may not be being read promptly, so resetting these, all of the ports would be configured to how they should be. If one attempt does not work, it might take three times - this can be time consuming. So, make sure you have time to do this.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 6:53 AM in response to gulaiym12

gulaiym12 Said:

Unable to check for updates: Unable to check for updates. Didn't get a response from the Apple Software Update service. Can you help me please. my safari, app store don't work and speakers stop working on 2:33 minute

———-

Try the Following:

A. Create a new Administrator User:

see if you can install the update.

B. Boot into Safe Mode:

Hold Down: shift key upon boot]

And:

C. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Keyboard and Sound) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your hard drive may not be being read promptly, so resetting these, all of the ports would be configured to how they should be. If one attempt does not work, it might take three times - this can be time consuming. So, make sure you have time to do this.

Unable to check for updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.