Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wireless charging

Has anyone got a solution to the iPhone 11 Pro not charging wirelessly? I have tried 5 different chargers which all work with other iPhones. It did work for a while and then just stopped working. It charges ok with lead. Can anyone help?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 3:05 AM

14 replies

Oct 1, 2020 4:04 AM in response to Blue-1850

I've got an iPhone 11 Pro and 2 wireless chargers: an IKEA Rällen and a Nillkin car holder/wireless charger. They both work from time to time. But most of the time they don't charge the phone. For example, one day I place the phone on the charger and it would start charging, the next day — it would not charge. No indicators, no chime - nothing. After I restart the phone (which is not such a pleasant thing to do) it might start charging. But only once. The next time (e.g. 1 hour later) it would refuse again to charge and restart would not help this time.

Looks like it's a problem of the iPhone 11 — because when the chargers don't charge the phone, they work normally with Airpods Pro.

Both devices worked 100% of the time on my previous iPhone X, until I updated it to iOS 13 (or maybe 13.2). But my iPhone 11 works rarely and inconsistently. I hoped that one of iOS updates would fix the problem, but neither iOS 14, nor iOS 14.2 Beta fixed it.

It's still broken 95% of the time on both chargers.

wireless charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.