Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does AppleCare works for Macbook Air 2020?

I want to know what exactly is covered in the AppleCare for Macbook as I am planning to buy a new MB Air and I feel like AppleCare is just too expensive. What exactly do I get in the 3 year extended warranty? Does it cover accidental damage? Theft of device etc?

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 4:58 AM

Accidental damage, yes. Theft, no.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac/

4 replies

Aug 19, 2020 5:59 AM in response to uAdi

AppleCare+ is not available in India, only AppleCare. It is the (+) that adds the accidental damage protection, regular AppleCare is just an extended warranty. Personally, I am not a fan of extended warranties since over multiple devices you'll generally pay more for the coverage than you'd spend on repairs. But I did purchase AppleCare+ for mine and my family's Macs, because...kids.

Aug 19, 2020 6:38 AM in response to neuroanatomist

Thanks a lot! This is exactly what I was looking for! I am basically buying this for my mother who is mostly going to use it for conference calls and presentations! No kids are ever going to touch the Macbook. So what should I do? Should I avoid the Apple Care? For some reason the employee was hellbent on making me buy an AppleCare Plan, a USB C adapter and Microsoft Office Subscription which bumped up the overall price by 28600 INR ( Around $390) because of which I had to lower down to the MB Air otherwise I was gonna buy the MB Pro 8th Gen 13 inch.

I have had an iPad Air since 2014 and i never had any problems with that device and I believe the 3 year warranty is just going to expire worthless as Apple products tends to last really ling before failing.

What should I do?

How does AppleCare works for Macbook Air 2020?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.