You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I buy more storage space?

Can I buy more storage space on my iPhone?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 7:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 7:37 AM

No.

Physical storage space on an iPhone or iPad is not upgradable. It is a physcial chip, with physical limitations.

You can buy iCloud Storage, for backups and photos, and files, but it will not affect the storage space on your iPhone, and will not free any space on it, as anything in iCloud is synced to the device, so there is a local copy on the iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2020 7:37 AM in response to Zzz-034

No.

Physical storage space on an iPhone or iPad is not upgradable. It is a physcial chip, with physical limitations.

You can buy iCloud Storage, for backups and photos, and files, but it will not affect the storage space on your iPhone, and will not free any space on it, as anything in iCloud is synced to the device, so there is a local copy on the iPhone.

Can I buy more storage space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.