Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina AppleID Bug - Asking for 6 digit iPhone password, but mine's 8 digits

Hi all,

I am trying to sign back into my AppleID on my MacBook Air (Catalina OS) since I am constantly being prompted to do so, which I understand is a bug in this OS. The problem is, when it gets to the part where it asks me to "Enter the passcode you use to unlock the iPhone [sleepydadATX]'s iPhone," it only gives me 6 digits. My iPhone passcode is 8 digits, so naturally it gets rejected each time as I enter the 6th digit.

I would also note that my phone is locked down on my work's network, but I have checked my phone's native settings and the passcode is in fact 8 digits.

Has anybody else seen this issue?

Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 7:13 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 19, 2020 7:29 AM in response to sleepydadATX

sleepydadATX Said:

Catalina AppleID Bug - Asking for 6 digit iPhone password, but mine's 8 digits: [...]I would also note that my phone is locked down on my work's network, but I have checked my phone's native settings and the passcode is in fact 8 digits.

———-

Avoid Getting Locked Out for Good:

No. I have not had issue. But, unsuccessfully logging too many times, and you may get locked out of your iPhone for good. So, stop trying to log in have either your employer or yourself contact Apple Support, to get this all figured out.

A 6-Digit Code Seems Accurate:

Maybe this 8-digit code it is a code of your employer? A 6-Digit Code is typical for Two-Factor Authentication. So, in all, if this not your iPhone, I’d recommend you contact your employer, asking them about where to go from here.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Catalina AppleID Bug - Asking for 6 digit iPhone password, but mine's 8 digits

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.