Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why when using safari images do not show on certain web pages?

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 10:56 AM

8 replies

Aug 19, 2020 11:59 AM in response to JessicaNYC

JessicaNYC Said:

[...]I’ve tried a different web browser and I still have the same issue. I think I clicked something on the safari preferences and am not sure how to reset to the original default settings.

———-

Images Not Showing:

As for the “images not showing” issue, it is a common of issue that I notice being mentioned in these forums. So, your not alone.

• Do other browsers give you this issue, though?
  • Do other devices with Safari give you this issue?

Ask the Web Master at your school if they have a solution. It’s probably no more than a matter of Safari being inoperable somehow, with the HTML code. In the mean time, just go on to using a different browser.

Be Sure to Report this as a Bug to Apple:

Inform Apple of this bug. They will not get back to directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed. Their developers will look into it, and will more likely create a fix for it in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - Safari - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "feedback type"
  3. Attach: some images of the issue, and describe what you’ve come across.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

Aug 19, 2020 11:33 AM in response to JessicaNYC

JessicaNYC Said:

———-

Educational Institutions are pretty picky when it comes to which browsers will and will not work. Not every school's site is operable with Safari. So, try a different Web browser (i.e. Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) instead - see if it works with that.

For Note: Keep personal Information (i.e. Names off of these forums. These forums are available for anytime to view. So, use the Preview app to delete what need be.

Aug 27, 2020 9:14 AM in response to alisson192

JessicaNYC Said:

"why when using safari images do not show on certain web pages?: When I log on YouTube or Netflix or images it doesn’t show the images"

-------

When did this All Start? Are other people having issues? Have you brought this up with the Web Master(the individual who maintains the school's site?

Try all of the above reply. The is a lot in in to troubleshoot this.

If it is Occurring on your iPhone, then restart the iPhone.

Aug 19, 2020 12:13 PM in response to JessicaNYC

JessicaNYC Said:

[...]I’ve tried a different web browser and I still have the same issue.[...]

———-

Is it Only this Device?:

And does this work on other iOS devices and macOS X devices? Or is it just this one device alone?

Any Security Software Installed?:

It could be the device alone. If that is the case, any Security Software on it? If so, in install it, as it just gets in the way on an Apple device, and this is a pure example of how and why. It may be just blocking out images, for no more than Security & Privacy Purposes

Security Software - Malwarebytes

As for security software, get and use only Malwarebytes for Mac. This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it every now and then, and remove what is found from the quarantine. Once removed, restart the Mac. It is created by longtime users of these forums. So, that is why it is the only way to go about securing your Mac, when it comes through use of software.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes uninstaller

Create a New Administrator:

Also, create a new Administrator User (on a Mac), and see if it no longer occurs.

Aug 19, 2020 12:59 PM in response to JessicaNYC

JessicaNYC Said:

I have the same issue on chrome and on safari via iphone.

———-

Thank you for the update.

Mozilla Firefox:

And Mozilla Firefox - does that give you this issue on your iPhone? Also, ask a peer/classmate with they get the same error on their iPhone.

Contact the Web Master:

I’d say contact the Web Master at your school, and ask if they have any feedback on this. They are the person who moderates the site’s usage and operability.

Downgrading:

If you recently updated, then downgrade. But if that is too technical, then put aside aside for the time being.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.