Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Mac OSX Lion from internet recovery mode in MacBook Air 11.

So I don't have any OS installed right now in my Mac (windows got corrupted and had deleted MacOS earlier).

I formatted the disk from internet recovery tool and then tried reinstall macOS option but it couldn't install OSX Lion, gave an error  “Can’t download the additional components needed to install Mac OS X”. There is no network issue either.

Please someone help :(

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 7:18 PM

If you had installed macOS 10.12.6+ at some point, then try booting into Internet Recovery Mode using Command + Option + R to see if you can access a later online macOS installer. Sometimes no matter which key combination you use a Mac will default to booting the oldest version of the online macOS installer.

Do you have access to another Mac where you can download and create a bootable macOS USB installer?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 7:18 PM in response to macbook_air_2011

If you had installed macOS 10.12.6+ at some point, then try booting into Internet Recovery Mode using Command + Option + R to see if you can access a later online macOS installer. Sometimes no matter which key combination you use a Mac will default to booting the oldest version of the online macOS installer.

Do you have access to another Mac where you can download and create a bootable macOS USB installer?

Can't install Mac OSX Lion from internet recovery mode in MacBook Air 11.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.