Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming calls from a single phone number do not come through (do not register, at all). All other numbers work.

I've recently realized that one particular phone number in my contacts cannot call me on my iphone, whereas all others (at least as far as I know!) can do so. Also, I can call that phone number just fine. Texts in both directions are not an issue, just the incoming phone calls from them to my phone.

When that particular phone number calls me, I see no indicator or ringing. Also, on my phone I do not see a "Missed Call" either, afterwards.

All other phone numbers (to my knowledge) seem to be coming through just fine and I receive the call.

Also, I can call that problem phone number just fine as well.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Do Not Disturb is not on for that number or any other, nor is any kind of airplane mode, and that number is not blocked.

Both phones are iPhones. My phone is an iPhone XR running iOS 13.6.

I know a question like this was posted here before, but no solution was identified and confirmed as a fix.

Thanks in advance for any help. The number that is being blocked is a work supervisor, BTW!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 11:50 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 20, 2020 8:33 AM in response to jspaceman2000

Hi there jspaceman2000,

We understand you're unable to receive a call from one contact, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

You've done some great troubleshooting steps so far! Next, if this contact leaves a voicemail, do you receive that as expected?

Also, while this only occurs with one contact, try any remaining steps here: If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone

Specifically, take a look at these steps:

"Update your software

1. Check for a carrier settings update.
  2. Check for an iOS software update. Some updates might require a Wi-Fi connection."

Cheers!

Aug 20, 2020 9:19 AM in response to chris_g1

Hi Chris_g1:

Thanks for your prompt reply here.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier, I have the latest iOS software already installed (13.6), and there are no (AT&T) carrier settings updates to install, either.

Regarding your question about receiving voicemail from this contact: When the contact calls me and I don't answer (because I don't see that they are calling on my phone, which is the problem), they get channeled to my voicemail on their end. However, after they have left me a voicemail, my phone does not register that they have left a voicemail. I do not see it on my phone.

I hope this identified voicemail issue is a potential route towards a proposed solution?

Aug 20, 2020 9:44 AM in response to jspaceman2000

Hi again, Chris_g1:

I'm happy to report that, with your question about voicemail and some testing I just did with that problem contact, I was actually able to solve the problem!

It turns out that this contact was all this time calling my *work* phone number (not connected to my iphone in any way), even though we routinely text via my iphone, and I call this person via my iphone. Without them realizing it, that contact's iphone had both my personal iphone number *and* my work phone number, but it all looked the same on their phone. So whenever *they* called *me,* they were actually calling my work number and not my iphone. Sheesh.

This has been going on for a year, so the resolution is very sweet, even if mostly solved by serendipity.

Much thanks for your help. I do hope this might help others who have had this problem... make sure the contact that you can't receive a call from checks, and is actually calling your iphone, and not another number!

Incoming calls from a single phone number do not come through (do not register, at all). All other numbers work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.