Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble iPad

Why my iPad doesn’t make update?

it says automatically but don’t....

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 2:56 AM

If you are having difficulties updating your iPad, these support pages should be helpful in resolving the problem:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

Consider also that your iPad may be an older model, which cannot be updated to more recent versions of iOS/iPadOS. These models of iPad cannot be updated to the current version of iPadOS:

• iPad1 - iOS 5.1.1
  • iPad2, iPad3 and iPad mini1 - iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only models), iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi & Cellular)
  • iPad4 - iOS 10.3.3 (WiFi Only), iOS 10.3.4 (WiFi & Cellular)
  • iPad Air1, iPad mini2 and iPad mini3 - iOS 12.4.8

Newer models, not appearing in this list, are all able to be updated to the current version, iPadOS 13.6.1.

I hope this information is helpful in resolving the problem - or in identifying the limitations of your current iPad.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 2:56 AM in response to leya195

If you are having difficulties updating your iPad, these support pages should be helpful in resolving the problem:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

Consider also that your iPad may be an older model, which cannot be updated to more recent versions of iOS/iPadOS. These models of iPad cannot be updated to the current version of iPadOS:

• iPad1 - iOS 5.1.1
  • iPad2, iPad3 and iPad mini1 - iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only models), iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi & Cellular)
  • iPad4 - iOS 10.3.3 (WiFi Only), iOS 10.3.4 (WiFi & Cellular)
  • iPad Air1, iPad mini2 and iPad mini3 - iOS 12.4.8

Newer models, not appearing in this list, are all able to be updated to the current version, iPadOS 13.6.1.

I hope this information is helpful in resolving the problem - or in identifying the limitations of your current iPad.

Trouble iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.