Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I schedule a trip for a later time on Apple Maps?

HomePod, 13

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 11:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 8:58 AM

This doesn’t answer my question... to put it another way. If I want to arrive at a certain destination at 2pm, I would like to know when I should schedule to depart.

3 replies

Aug 23, 2020 7:02 AM in response to Jack1888

Hi Jack1888,

Thanks for following up with us and sharing these additional details.

You could save the location as an event in the Calendar application. Then, it will show travel time and you can select the option for notifications so you know when to leave.

If you're using a Mac, you can use these steps: Add location and travel time to events in Calendar on Mac

If you are using an iOS device such as an iPhone, you will want to open the Calendar application, tap the "+" in the top right corner and create your event. Once you add in a location, you will see an option to enable Travel Time. If you'd like, you can then set the starting location and it will provide you with the time it will take. Once you adjust your notifications for the event, you can save the event and reference it on the date you plan to travel.

We hope this helps.

Take care!

Aug 20, 2020 12:39 PM in response to Jack1888

Hi Jack1888,

It sounds like you are wanting to save a destination so you can easily access it later in the Maps. We can help with this.

If you are using an iPad, you can save a favorite place using these steps: Save favorite places in Maps on iPad

If you are using a Mac, this article will explain how to save directions or a location: Save directions or a location in Maps on Mac

Check out this article for more information about using Apple Maps: Maps

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.