Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error-type message

What does this mean and how can I make it stop? I do not have any accessories attached to my iPad Pro. Thank you.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 3:25 PM

The good news is that your iPad is heathy and reporting a fault with the connected [accessory] keyboard...

This error is typical of a fault occurring within the Smart/Folio keyboard - caused by fracture of the connections that run through the fabric hinge of the keyboard.

Other than disconnection of the keyboard from the iPad, the only remedy is complete replacement of the keyboard. This keyboard itself cannot be repaired.

I hope this insight and clarification is helpful.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 3:25 PM in response to Scylla1

The good news is that your iPad is heathy and reporting a fault with the connected [accessory] keyboard...

This error is typical of a fault occurring within the Smart/Folio keyboard - caused by fracture of the connections that run through the fabric hinge of the keyboard.

Other than disconnection of the keyboard from the iPad, the only remedy is complete replacement of the keyboard. This keyboard itself cannot be repaired.

I hope this insight and clarification is helpful.

Error-type message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.