Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Timestamps

How do I get timestamps to appear for each of my texts? I only see timestamps for some of my texts even from the same person. I'd like to see timestamps all of the time for each person. The timestamp issue is consistent between my MacOsCataline and my Iphone 11.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 3:14 PM

That helps, thank you. Is there any way to get the timestamps to display without swiping left?

4 replies

Aug 21, 2020 8:28 AM in response to Hella Hella

Hi,

We understand you're looking to view the timestamps for messages on your Mac and iPhone. We're happy to help.

To view message timestamps on iPhone just go in to the Messages app and open up a message thread. On that page hold your finger on the screen, then swipe over to the left to show the timestamps.

To view a message timestamp on Mac, just go in to a message thread then place your mouse pointer over the message you want to view the time of. There's no way to show all like on iOS devices. You'll need to hold the mouse over each message you want to view the timestamp of.

We hope this helps. Take care!

Text Timestamps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.