Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs grayed out in playlists

Can't figure out why my songs are grayed out in iTunes playlist. See attached pic. They play fine and they arn't grayed out in the all songs section. Just playlist.

Anyone have any ideas?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 2:05 PM

12 replies

Aug 20, 2020 9:39 PM in response to cterie

cterie Said:

"Scrambled photos in albums from Itunes to Ipad. Recently my photos have been scrambled between albums when syncing the photos which are in folders from iTunes to my iPad?"

-------

Internet Connection Issues: Something is going on with your Internet connection. So,...

• Try again later

• Try another network

• Try another device associated with your account

Aug 21, 2020 11:27 AM in response to cterie

If you mean the Songs view Column Browser shown in the second screenshot in my post (the genres, artists and albums columns), - piece of cake.

On iTunes' top bar menu:

• click on View / Column Browser / Show Column Browser. Alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut of CTRL+Shift+B
  • then click on View / Column Browser / ... and select the columns you prefer if the defaults don't suit you:

The bottom two options on that list are very useful:

• Group Compilations: when this is selected to be on, all compilation albums (Various Artists albums) will be listed under Compilations in the Artists column. Look at that second screenshot, notice the "artist" name Compilations, below the All 1875 artists. It's often helpful to be able to look at just that part of the Library
  • Use Album Artists: when this option is on, the Artists column shows only artists who have a single-artist album. It will not list any artist who only appears on compilation albums. To see every artist, turn this option off. (It might create a very long list)

Songs grayed out in playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.