📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new phone is asking me to scan my qr code - where the heck do I get that?

I am trying to get my phone ready to use and now it is asking me to scan my qr code... where do I get a qr code?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 3:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 10:50 AM

Hi Gerbearxo,

Congratulations on your new iPhone! We appreciate you reaching out through Apple Support Communities for help setting up your device. It sounds like you're being prompted to scan a QR code on your new iPhone during the setup process.

Let's get to the bottom of this together. When setting up your device, did you choose the Quick Start option to transfer data from a previous iPhone? If so, you'll need your previous iPhone to display the animation your new device will scan.

The following guide has detailed information. Let us know if this information helps:

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2020 10:50 AM in response to Gerbearxo

Hi Gerbearxo,

Congratulations on your new iPhone! We appreciate you reaching out through Apple Support Communities for help setting up your device. It sounds like you're being prompted to scan a QR code on your new iPhone during the setup process.

Let's get to the bottom of this together. When setting up your device, did you choose the Quick Start option to transfer data from a previous iPhone? If so, you'll need your previous iPhone to display the animation your new device will scan.

The following guide has detailed information. Let us know if this information helps:

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day!

My new phone is asking me to scan my qr code - where the heck do I get that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.