Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What about vertical viewing of the iPad wile in magic keyboard?

Does the magic keyboard support vertical viewing angles?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 3:53 AM

I presume that you refer the Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro - and not the Magic Keyboard which is a different “standalone” keyboard product for Mac and other compatible Apple devices (this includes iPad). The similarity of the name does sometimes lead to confusion between products.

If you do indeed refer to the Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro, it can only be used with the iPad in Landscape mode. The screen orientation in relation to the Magic Keyboard, due to the connection between iPad and Keyboard via the Smart connector, is fixed.

By contrast, the Mac Magic Keyboard can be used with iPad in any orientation, Landscape or Portrait, as there is no physical connection; the standalone keyboard communicates with iPad using Bluetooth.

I hope this information and clarification is helpful to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 3:53 AM in response to oiljunkie

I presume that you refer the Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro - and not the Magic Keyboard which is a different “standalone” keyboard product for Mac and other compatible Apple devices (this includes iPad). The similarity of the name does sometimes lead to confusion between products.

If you do indeed refer to the Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro, it can only be used with the iPad in Landscape mode. The screen orientation in relation to the Magic Keyboard, due to the connection between iPad and Keyboard via the Smart connector, is fixed.

By contrast, the Mac Magic Keyboard can be used with iPad in any orientation, Landscape or Portrait, as there is no physical connection; the standalone keyboard communicates with iPad using Bluetooth.

I hope this information and clarification is helpful to you.

What about vertical viewing of the iPad wile in magic keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.