Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone wifi range issues

I have 2 iphones. one is my daily user the other I only use wifi on.

My phone i use daily is the XR. the 2nd one i use only on wifi.

I have my 2 phones next to me away from my wifi router. So this is about range on each iphone.

Im connected to the same wifi router on both phones. The 6splus connects just fine and the speed of the connection is good. When I go and use the XR the connection isnt stable and keeps dropping or whenever it does connect its slow.

Does the 6splus have a better wifi range than the XR? Any solutions?

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 8:39 AM

Well, while it could be a phone problem, the phones could also be connecting to different bands. If you can, try it with some other networks. My Xr has very good range, even at 5 GHz, but “very good” is subjective; it works anywhere in my condo unit, which is fairly large with the router about in the middle.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 8:39 AM in response to iph289

Well, while it could be a phone problem, the phones could also be connecting to different bands. If you can, try it with some other networks. My Xr has very good range, even at 5 GHz, but “very good” is subjective; it works anywhere in my condo unit, which is fairly large with the router about in the middle.

iphone wifi range issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.