Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text boxes keep bouncing around in Pages

Hi all,

So I'm currently making notes for a topic which is equation heavy, meaning that there is a combination of bullet point notes and text boxes with equations in them. Whenever I require two text boxes on one page, the first text box will stay where I want it, which is usually in the middle of the page. However, when I insert the second text box somewhere further down in the page, the text box bounces up into wherever the first text box is (somewhere further up the page). I am unable to drag this second text box down to wherever I would require it to be without it bouncing back up again. Can someone please advise?

Thanks

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 5:25 AM

Each time that you enter a Text box, you need to visit the Arrange tab and select Text Wrap to None. You can also select multiple Text boxes and make this selection. This stops the inherent repulsion between Text boxes (and other inserted objects) for improved object placement.

1 reply

Text boxes keep bouncing around in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.