Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMessages appear to default to be sent from a number that is not my number - when I go into settings it doesn't allow me to delete this number. To do it online it suggests sending a text to the number to enter but I don't have that number?

How do I get rid of a number where it shows that my imessages are sent from when I don't have that number - the de-register instructions say enter the number and text will be sent - as I don't have the number I am not getting the text to deactivate the number?

My settings won't let me delete the number as it is greyed out

I think when I got my new phone this would have been the number with the phone but at the same time I switched back to my old number so I have never used this number and don't know that for sure

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 5:30 AM

Set up your phone number

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. ...
  2. Tap Send & Receive. ...
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.

More items...

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime ...

2 replies

My iMessages appear to default to be sent from a number that is not my number - when I go into settings it doesn't allow me to delete this number. To do it online it suggests sending a text to the number to enter but I don't have that number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.