Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating the generation one apple watch

Can anyone tell me how you update the generation one watch to the new os it says it supports it, but I cant

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 12:11 PM

There's a difference between a first generation Apple Watch, and a Series 1 Apple Watch.

The first generation Apple Watch also known as series 0 (zero) retroactively, cannot update beyond watchOS 4.

A series 1 or second generation Apple watch can.

See here: Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies

Aug 21, 2020 12:27 PM in response to Phil0124

Yes, I just found that out lol I was talking to apple support, she asked which one I had I said the first..... I guess it was taken as the Series 1 , and I kept getting instructions on how to update it. Then after about an hour she realized we werent talking about the first generation at all ;o( oh well, the whole issue started because my battery wasnt holding a charge even over night. I unpaired it today and re-paired it and it seems to have worked (which I figured that one out on my own) And this was a replacement watch I just rec'd a few days ago because my watch face popped off the watch and they said that was a battery swelling issue. I have had a time with this one! Thank you for responding!!

Updating the generation one apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.