Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Battery Replacement

My MacBook needs a new battery but I’m starting school soon so I will need it to complete assignments and access course content. How long does it take to replace the battery once I bring it in for repair?

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 9:23 AM

Here's some general information regarding Apple's battery service for Macs. Cost estimates are in there, but turn-around time is not -- I think that would depend on a lot of things, including what specific part you needed, where you took it in to get repaired, if they (or you) had to mail it somewhere to be serviced, etc. You might contact Apple Support and try to get a sense of how long Apple thinks it would take, or contact a local Apple Authorized Service Provider and see what they say.

Good luck with the upcoming school session. Stay safe!

-- JDee

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 9:23 AM in response to Taylor_randall

Here's some general information regarding Apple's battery service for Macs. Cost estimates are in there, but turn-around time is not -- I think that would depend on a lot of things, including what specific part you needed, where you took it in to get repaired, if they (or you) had to mail it somewhere to be serviced, etc. You might contact Apple Support and try to get a sense of how long Apple thinks it would take, or contact a local Apple Authorized Service Provider and see what they say.

Good luck with the upcoming school session. Stay safe!

-- JDee

MacBook Battery Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.