Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Screen With Vertical Lines

I have attached an image of my 2012 iMac screen. The bottom 2/3 of the screen seems to be black with vertical lines going through th middle. The top 1/3 is still working however when I bring my cursor there there are random glitches lines coming from under the icon. Does anyone know how I can resolve this? Would I need a screen or CPU replacement?

Note: The glass screen has been cracked for almost a year now and hasn’t caused any problems

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 9:52 AM

Hello JasmeenDh,

That's a great question! We knows how important it is to get your Mac repaired for the issue you're facing currently with the vertical lines, blank display, and the crack in the screen. We wouldn't be able to speculate as the appropriate parts needed to repair the Mac, but can get you pointed in the right direction for the best support and information.

We do also want to advise that your Mac may fall within our vintage product range. You can use the following website to view the options available in your region to have the Mac inspected.

Find Locations

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 9:52 AM in response to JasmeenDh

Hello JasmeenDh,

That's a great question! We knows how important it is to get your Mac repaired for the issue you're facing currently with the vertical lines, blank display, and the crack in the screen. We wouldn't be able to speculate as the appropriate parts needed to repair the Mac, but can get you pointed in the right direction for the best support and information.

We do also want to advise that your Mac may fall within our vintage product range. You can use the following website to view the options available in your region to have the Mac inspected.

Find Locations

Take care!

Black Screen With Vertical Lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.