Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much to sell Macbook pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) with 2 hardware repairs done?

Hi, I am wondering if how much I can sell my Macbook pro (specs below) or trade it in with apple for $120. Please advice. Thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

contains 2 memory slots, each of which accepts a 1600 MHz DDR3 memory module

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Storage 500 GB SATA Disk

2 Hardware repairs done both for the front hard drive bracket with legit apple genius bar in year 2016 and 2017.

Please advice. Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 2:44 PM

Several resellers offer older models such as your MacBook Pro 13-in (2012) at slightly higher

than street or local CL ad prices. Given the reputable ones have checked them over and

may have offered limited 14-day or other consideration, as warranty.

I've one such as yours, with a few upgrades over basic form; RAM now 16GB, storage

blade-type 240GB SSD drive; small but quick. ~ (Mine will need a battery. $129)

While looking around, saw OWC had one left in stock just like yours; with a limited

warranty (2 weeks) in their used section; same specs. For $629./used to have more.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=MacBook+Pro+(13-inch%2C+Mid+2012)+Processor+2.5&t=hk&ia=web

All searches online near same specs, returned a variety of numbers; from $150 to $500.

Better results would require re-wording search parameters; maybe other spec details.

If you are careful you could sell via craiglist; and meet possible buyers. Mask up!

Or just use the older Mac awhile, and before selling it see how to ready mac for resale.

• What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

Good luck & happy trails!🌞

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 2:44 PM in response to loveberns

Several resellers offer older models such as your MacBook Pro 13-in (2012) at slightly higher

than street or local CL ad prices. Given the reputable ones have checked them over and

may have offered limited 14-day or other consideration, as warranty.

I've one such as yours, with a few upgrades over basic form; RAM now 16GB, storage

blade-type 240GB SSD drive; small but quick. ~ (Mine will need a battery. $129)

While looking around, saw OWC had one left in stock just like yours; with a limited

warranty (2 weeks) in their used section; same specs. For $629./used to have more.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=MacBook+Pro+(13-inch%2C+Mid+2012)+Processor+2.5&t=hk&ia=web

All searches online near same specs, returned a variety of numbers; from $150 to $500.

Better results would require re-wording search parameters; maybe other spec details.

If you are careful you could sell via craiglist; and meet possible buyers. Mask up!

Or just use the older Mac awhile, and before selling it see how to ready mac for resale.

• What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

Good luck & happy trails!🌞

Aug 21, 2020 1:42 PM in response to loveberns

Sorry, but we don't know how much one would pay for your computer. Check what they are selling for on eBay.

FYI: These are user-only communities. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech supportContacting Apple for support and service includes international calling numbers.

The Apple Support Communities only provides help for users of Apple products. Apple does not read theae forums. If you wish to provide feedback to Apple, then go to Apple Feedback. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Aug 21, 2020 2:02 PM in response to loveberns

loveberns wrote:

Hi, I am wondering if how much I can sell my Macbook pro (specs below) or trade it in with apple for $120. Please advice. Thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
contains 2 memory slots, each of which accepts a 1600 MHz DDR3 memory module
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
Storage 500 GB SATA Disk
2 Hardware repairs done both for the front hard drive bracket with legit apple genius bar in year 2016 and 2017.

Please advice. Thank you!

Sell it on CraigsList for $150

How much to sell Macbook pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) with 2 hardware repairs done?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.