Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message icon had disappeared from my home screen

How do I get the message icon back on my home screen?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 2:13 PM

I understand that you're unable to locate the Messages app on your iPhone. It's certainly important to stay in touch with everyone; I'd like to help you locate this app.

Since the Messages app can't be removed from your device, it must be hidden on another Home screen or in one of your folders. You can search for the Messages app first to ensure that it can be located and it's working properly:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Next, check all Home screen pages by swiping to the left on your main Home screen. Please also check all folders to see if it is hidden. If you're unable to locate the app this way, you may need to reset the Home screen layout by navigating to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout. This will move everything back to its default location and move all apps out of folders.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2020 2:13 PM in response to mommaduck1

I understand that you're unable to locate the Messages app on your iPhone. It's certainly important to stay in touch with everyone; I'd like to help you locate this app.

Since the Messages app can't be removed from your device, it must be hidden on another Home screen or in one of your folders. You can search for the Messages app first to ensure that it can be located and it's working properly:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Next, check all Home screen pages by swiping to the left on your main Home screen. Please also check all folders to see if it is hidden. If you're unable to locate the app this way, you may need to reset the Home screen layout by navigating to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout. This will move everything back to its default location and move all apps out of folders.

Take care.

Message icon had disappeared from my home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.