Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing for Apple TV

I’m trying to use Apple TV for my TV that I’ve used it with for several years but recent moved and just now hooking back up to my TV. It shows my movies but says I need to sign into iTunes in a computer to see my iTunes library. I need to download AT&T tv app. I don’t have a computer except for iPhones and iPads. How can I fix this?

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 5:50 AM

Home Sharing is for connecting to the local library on a computer. Without a computer, no Apple Home Sharing is possible.

Instead, you may use AirPlay (push instead of pull), e.g. from an iOS device.

The AT&T TV app is unrelated to Home Sharing. Home Sharing won’t help you in any way for this app.

I haven’t been able to find confirmation if the AT&T TV app supports AirPlay. That is a developer choice.

The AT&T TV app is available for iPhone, iPad (with iOS 11 or later), and Apple TV (4th generation or later).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 5:50 AM in response to aliciadbrown27

Home Sharing is for connecting to the local library on a computer. Without a computer, no Apple Home Sharing is possible.

Instead, you may use AirPlay (push instead of pull), e.g. from an iOS device.

The AT&T TV app is unrelated to Home Sharing. Home Sharing won’t help you in any way for this app.

I haven’t been able to find confirmation if the AT&T TV app supports AirPlay. That is a developer choice.

The AT&T TV app is available for iPhone, iPad (with iOS 11 or later), and Apple TV (4th generation or later).

Home Sharing for Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.