Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I migrate data from my old MacBook Air to new MacBook Pro using the USB C cable and not the WiFi. It’s so slow.

How can I migrate data from my old MacBook Air to new MacBook Pro using the USB C cable and not the WiFi. It’s so slow.

MacBook

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 7:34 PM

abluestrip wrote:

Set up your new Mac - Apple Support

How to move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

6 replies

Aug 21, 2020 7:57 PM in response to leroydouglas

migration Tool is only able to transfer my data from old Mac to new using WiFi only if both the machines are connected to the same WiFi.

which is showing me 16MB/Sec transfer. i have more than 1TB to transfer.

i want to use my usb c cable to migrate all data which I presume is much faster. But it’s not happening. although I have the both Mac with the cables physically connected to one another.

how can I migrate the data Quick? That’s what’s my question? Can it be done without WiFi?

Aug 21, 2020 7:58 PM in response to abluestrip

abluestrip wrote:

migration Tool is only able to transfer my data from old Mac to new using WiFi only if both the machines are connected to the same WiFi.
which is showing me 16MB/Sec transfer. i have more than 1TB to transfer.

i want to use my usb c cable to migrate all data which I presume is much faster. But it’s not happening. although I have the both Mac with the cables physically connected to one another.

how can I migrate the data Quick? That’s what’s my question? Can it be done without WiFi?

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753) 

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.