Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to create a directory for icloud photos, this error coming on windows 10 pro

i have an error on my iCloud Photos, unable to create a directory for icloud photos, this error coming on windows 10 pro.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 8:16 AM

@chris_g1,

This is not helpful. Nowhere in that guide does it address the error message in the question above.

If you don't know the answer to the issue, please do not post this generic boilerplate, lazy, answer to the problem to keep your community "points" up.

I've seen this exact verbatim message posted as an answer to several different questions where it does directly address the question asked and it does not help, not in the least.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2020 8:16 AM in response to chris_g1

@chris_g1,

This is not helpful. Nowhere in that guide does it address the error message in the question above.

If you don't know the answer to the issue, please do not post this generic boilerplate, lazy, answer to the problem to keep your community "points" up.

I've seen this exact verbatim message posted as an answer to several different questions where it does directly address the question asked and it does not help, not in the least.

Sep 21, 2020 4:14 PM in response to DHM25

As to above, I am running windows 10 and had all the same directory errors. As suggested I downloaded the genuine Apple Icloud version for Windows 7 and 8, Windows gave an error message about the download - but I installed it anyway.

Once installed, Uncheck the Icloud Sharing folders option in the app (it simply doesnt work with OneDrive). And my life became good again after weeks of trying. Thank you DHM25.

Sep 22, 2020 3:39 PM in response to alicefromcollingwood

Hey!

trying to follow these steps but sadly not having the same success...

regarding this bit - please could you specify how I can do this? Which app are we talking about?

> Once installed, Uncheck the Icloud Sharing folders option in the app (it simply doesnt work with OneDrive).

thanks so much in advance. Can’t wait to have this problem solved!

Sep 22, 2020 5:22 PM in response to bonek145

I had the same issue on Win 10 Pro. Here is what I did. I uninstalled all iCloud programs on my PC. I had iCloud and iCloud for Outlook. The installed programs came from MS App Store. Then I downloaded the iCloud version for Win 7 direct from Apple: http://updates-http.cdn-apple.com/2020/windows/061-97489-20200728-49EF1218-D0FD-11EA-808A-86ABB27EFCA1/iCloudSetup.exe

Installed, rebooted all good.

Oct 4, 2020 6:12 AM in response to DHM25

Well that was a disaster!

It seemed to all install OK, but I'm now getting a notification ever few seconds telling me that "The upload folder foriCloud Photos is missing". Which it isn't. Though it IS on an external NAS drive. Maybe Apple can't cope with that?

I have unchecked Photos completely, to stop anthing synching. And I'm still getting the constant notifications. So the only solution seems to be to go back to the Microsoft Store version and just get an occasional error message.

It's a real shame, as I'm very fond of my iPhone. Other manufacturers' stuff (e.g. Google) seems to link to Windows with no issues, even when external drives are involved.

unable to create a directory for icloud photos, this error coming on windows 10 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.