Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch heart rate tracker

Hi,

I have a 5 year old with a heart condition. Can she wear an Apple Watch in school that connects with my iPhone at home to alert me in real time if her heartbeat goes above 180 beats per minute. I live in Dublin, Ireland and I have asked a few Apple shops and I am told that this feature is not available in Ireland ?

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 1:22 PM

An Watch doesn't normally function in that manner when the watch and iPhone are so far apart. The GPS watch connects to the iPhone over both wi-fi and Bluetooth. But only wi-fi networks to which the phone has previously connected.

That is too perilous a situation to which to entrust your child's wellbeing, in my opinion.

The Apple related folks in N. Ireland should know what your health officials have allowed in your country regarding the watch's functions. I would trust them.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 1:22 PM in response to ChristineBe1

An Watch doesn't normally function in that manner when the watch and iPhone are so far apart. The GPS watch connects to the iPhone over both wi-fi and Bluetooth. But only wi-fi networks to which the phone has previously connected.

That is too perilous a situation to which to entrust your child's wellbeing, in my opinion.

The Apple related folks in N. Ireland should know what your health officials have allowed in your country regarding the watch's functions. I would trust them.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Apple Watch heart rate tracker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.