Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Home Button Not working

My iPhone 7 home button not going home when I press it. It definitely works as I can feel the click when I press on it, but I can’t go home. I can do everything else except go home. I can multitask, reachability, Touch ID, etc. dunno what is wrong

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 9:07 AM

4 replies

Aug 23, 2020 3:28 PM in response to Xiangyun123

Xiangyun123,

Thanks for that additional information

While the other features may work, there may still be a hardware issue with the Home button. Let's test by having you restore the iPhone and set it up as new, which will help determine if the issue you're having is with software on the device or hardware.

Make sure you have a good backup of your device: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

When you are ready to restore and set up the iPhone as new, please follow this article: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

If the issue persists after restoring and setting up as new, there may be a hardware issue.

With that in mind, you can learn more about service for your iPhone here: iPhone Repair and Service

To explore the available options for your iPhone, reach out here: Get Support

Take care!

iPhone 7 Home Button Not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.