Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

visit to the swimming pool

problem with the watch after visiting the pool

the watch has stopped displaying

please help ? What can I do with it if the watch is water resistant and it turns out not to be!

Apple Watch Series 3, 7

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 1:05 PM

About Apple Watch water resistance -

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205000

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

10 replies

Aug 24, 2020 2:05 AM in response to Dah•veed

it means that the watch is only resistant to water for 2 years 👎 I contacted the Apple department in Poland and they completely ignored this event

Apple does not declare that the watch is resistant to water only during the warranty period!

I am outraged by the fact what happened to the watch and I don't trust this product a bit because you don't make watches for 2 years and then go to the trash

Aug 24, 2020 2:46 AM in response to dolas1980

Ranting here doesn't do a lot of good. Apple is not here. This is a user to user forum. Most of us will ignore your behavior.

As to the watch's water resistance, Apple doesn't have control over how you use the watch nor the conditions to which you expose the watch, they can only tell you what the watch was manufactured to withstand. The fact that you may have continually subjected the watch to a situation which was corrosive to the watch's water resistant seals is out of Apple's hands. That is all on you. Apple has no control over the chemical environment of the pool in which you swam, nor how often you subjected the watch to that environment. Nor any control regarding other environments to which you may have subjected the watch prior to or during the times that you used the watch in the pool.

I have an Watch series 3 that will be 3 years old next month. It still functions as it did the day it arrived in the mail. But it also hasn't been subjected to the conditions that you appear to have subjected your watch.

visit to the swimming pool

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.