Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail looping endlessly

Hey there. My Mail client is endlessly, furiously looping from the same email message to Mail window and back. Have tried Safe Mode, deleted login items, everything I've been able to find in support communities. Hope I don't have to reinstall system software. Thoughts?

There's not a "topic" for Mail, so I chose the next best thing.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 11:47 AM

Hey there dolphins74,

We see that you are having some issues with a loop in your Mac application. We would love to assist you with this.

Thank you for completing those troubleshooting steps prior to reaching out.

First, let's verify that your Mac has a current, full backup: Back up your Mac

Once we have verified that the backup has been completed, make sure that the Mac is up-to-date with software: How to update the software on your Mac

If the Mac is up-to-date then, we will move forward with reinstalling the macOS: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery

Hope these resources help!

Take care.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 11:47 AM in response to dolphins74

Hey there dolphins74,

We see that you are having some issues with a loop in your Mac application. We would love to assist you with this.

Thank you for completing those troubleshooting steps prior to reaching out.

First, let's verify that your Mac has a current, full backup: Back up your Mac

Once we have verified that the backup has been completed, make sure that the Mac is up-to-date with software: How to update the software on your Mac

If the Mac is up-to-date then, we will move forward with reinstalling the macOS: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery

Hope these resources help!

Take care.

Aug 30, 2020 9:52 AM in response to dolphins74

Hey dolphins74 ,

Thank you for completing those troubleshooting steps that we provided to you. We noticed that you stated that you have the photos uploaded to iCloud.

First, verify the photos are all successfully uploaded to iCloud by signing into the Official iCloud website: Official iCloud Website

To see what is consuming storage on your hard drive, check out this resource: How to free up storage space on your Mac

Remember when deleting files to empty the trash in your Dock as well.

Best wishes.

Aug 30, 2020 3:09 PM in response to dolphins74

Hey there dolphins74 ,

You have a few options that will allow you to reduce the size of your Photos app.

First, make sure you have the photos backed up using either of these methods in this resource: How to back up your Mac

Once you have secured a backup of the photos you can choose to adjust the photos that are inside the Photos app.

One method that you can use to reduce this size is: Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac

Best wishes.

Aug 29, 2020 4:44 PM in response to i_rina

Hi Irina. I followed the steps above. Now my problem is that my Photos App is taking up 44gigs of storage, so I can’t reinstall software due to not enough storage space. the photos are optimized for storage on the mac, and are uploading to iCloud, so it looks like this is still what I’m left with. Are there options for shrinking the file size for Photos perhaps? It says there are 12gigs available and only 9 are needed for reinstall, but nonetheless it is saying not enough storage space.

thanks.

-Leslie

Mail looping endlessly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.