Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WATCH WILL NOT ACTIVATE WHEN RAISING MY WRIST

Watch will not come on when I raise my wrist

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 1:12 PM

Hi Wllorentz1,

It sounds like you are experiencing some issues with your Apple Watch screen not waking when your wrist is raised. We can help with this.

We'd recommend checking your settings to ensure this feature is enabled. If you go to Watch app on your iPhone and then tap My Watch > General > Wake Screen > check that "Wake Screen on Wrist Raise" is enabled.

Also, make sure Theater Mode is not enabled on your Apple Watch by swiping up from the bottom and verifying the icon that looks like two faces is not highlighted. You can find out more information about using Control Center on your Apple Watch here: Use Control Center on your Apple Watch

Let us know if this doesn't help resolve your issue.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 1:12 PM in response to Wllorentz1

Hi Wllorentz1,

It sounds like you are experiencing some issues with your Apple Watch screen not waking when your wrist is raised. We can help with this.

We'd recommend checking your settings to ensure this feature is enabled. If you go to Watch app on your iPhone and then tap My Watch > General > Wake Screen > check that "Wake Screen on Wrist Raise" is enabled.

Also, make sure Theater Mode is not enabled on your Apple Watch by swiping up from the bottom and verifying the icon that looks like two faces is not highlighted. You can find out more information about using Control Center on your Apple Watch here: Use Control Center on your Apple Watch

Let us know if this doesn't help resolve your issue.

Cheers!

WATCH WILL NOT ACTIVATE WHEN RAISING MY WRIST

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.