Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delink a phone number (diff country) that I no longer have access to from my iMessage and FaceTime? Ive tried all methods on the website- changed password, signed out of all Apple IDs(mac phone) and logged in again. No luck!

How do I delink a phone number (diff country) that I no longer have access to from my iMessage and FaceTime? Ive tried all methods on the website- changed password, signed out of all Apple IDs(mac phone) and logged in again. No luck!

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 6:26 AM

6 replies

Aug 23, 2020 7:34 AM in response to donv_the_ghost

Thanks, however This won’t work because - I don’t need to de register iMessage. I need to unlink an old, defunct phone number that I don’t have access to, and replace the iMessage and FaceTime with the new number.

the main contact info under settings>Apple ID has the correct new number stored, however the settings> iMessage and Settings> FaceTime still shows the old number. What can I do, any ideas ?

Sep 17, 2020 4:37 PM in response to Eric Root

That does not work for me, because I can not select any other numbers except the old one. I added my new number but when I go to the imessage settings or the facetime settings it does not give the option to change it to the new number. Only option is old number or apple id. The new number appears there but selecting it is not an option only deleting it. The old number I want to delete does not show a delete option. The message that appears says you must turn off imessages and facetime then return to settings to delete the old number. But once I go to my apple id to delete the number its gone, so then I enable the imessages and boom old phone number reapears. No option to change or delete please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.