Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no signal with external monitor

I have a macbook pro that runs catalina 10.15.6 (19G2021). I use a thunderbolt adapter to connect my external monitor to the mac. The problem I have is that it will intermittently work. Sometimes I connect the HDMI cable to the mac and the external monitor connects. More commonly however, there is a 'no signal' message on the monitor or both screens (mac and external monitor) go black. It is very frustrating as I would like to use the external monitor.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 12:05 PM

This is BS, it's been over a year. Just revert the breaking change to the display detection timing that you introduced in catalina 10.15.6 instead of responding to people with replies to useless troubleshooting instructions. There are thousands of complaints on this forum due to these breaking changes.

If I wanted to jump through hoops following useless instructions while YOU ignore your customers I wouldn't have paid nearly $4000 for this macbook and just built another PC for a fraction of the cost, at least it would work.

This is insane!

P.S. If this post is removed or blocked and ignored. I'll just share the screenshot all over social media.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 12:05 PM in response to Sharhari

This is BS, it's been over a year. Just revert the breaking change to the display detection timing that you introduced in catalina 10.15.6 instead of responding to people with replies to useless troubleshooting instructions. There are thousands of complaints on this forum due to these breaking changes.

If I wanted to jump through hoops following useless instructions while YOU ignore your customers I wouldn't have paid nearly $4000 for this macbook and just built another PC for a fraction of the cost, at least it would work.

This is insane!

P.S. If this post is removed or blocked and ignored. I'll just share the screenshot all over social media.

no signal with external monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.