Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So I’ve had my apple mouse for a while now and recently it has not been connecting to my Mac, What should I do?

So I’ve had my MacBook and my Apple mouse for awhile and recently started getting back to the routine of using it but I am having trouble connecting my mouse to the Mac and having it respond, What should I do?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 8:40 AM

If it is an Apple Magic Mouse 1, then just throw it away, and replace it with a Magic Mouse 2. I replaced three MM1 devices before I followed my own advice here.

If we are talking about a Magic Mouse 2, then ensure that it is appropriately charged, and powered on before you turn on the Mac, so the Bluetooth handshake can occur during the boot process. If you try this after the Mac has booted, the potentially lengthy pairing process will annoy you. When all else fails, cycle power on the mouse, and move it a few times to see if the pairing process will occur and you receive a connected message on screen.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2020 8:40 AM in response to jkorankye

If it is an Apple Magic Mouse 1, then just throw it away, and replace it with a Magic Mouse 2. I replaced three MM1 devices before I followed my own advice here.

If we are talking about a Magic Mouse 2, then ensure that it is appropriately charged, and powered on before you turn on the Mac, so the Bluetooth handshake can occur during the boot process. If you try this after the Mac has booted, the potentially lengthy pairing process will annoy you. When all else fails, cycle power on the mouse, and move it a few times to see if the pairing process will occur and you receive a connected message on screen.

So I’ve had my apple mouse for a while now and recently it has not been connecting to my Mac, What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.