Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset default program to install 3rd party plugins

Trying to install 3rd party plugins for Logic Pro. I accidentally set the default program to open them to logic and now they don't install. How do I reset this back to default?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 12:32 PM

1. Right (or Control) click one of the plugins in Finder.
  2. Select Get Info.
  3. Go to Open With.
  4. Then select the application you with to open those types of files with.
  5. Finally, click Change All to apply that setting to all files of that time.

3 replies

Aug 23, 2020 1:23 PM in response to SadGorilla

SadGorilla wrote:

Trying to install 3rd party plugins for Logic Pro. I accidentally set the default program to open them to logic and now they don't install. How do I reset this back to default?

Launch Logic, go to Logic > Preferences > Plug-ins Manager.

Make sure your plugins are check-marked. If they are not, highlight listings and click Reset & Rescan Selection.

Bypass, remove, or rescan third-party Audio Units plug-ins in ...

Where are third-party Audio Units plug-ins installed on Mac ...

Work with Audio Units plug-ins - Apple Support

Aug 23, 2020 1:38 PM in response to The_Knowledge_Seeker

I guess I don't know which application to use. I thought it was supposed to be Archive Utility. I use that on the installer, the zip file appears, I open that and another installer appears. Open that, another zip appears. That cycle repeats over and over. I also downloaded a couple of other applications to try but it is the same. My question is what application should I be using?

Reset default program to install 3rd party plugins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.