Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is other storage on my mac, and can I delete it ? Or copy it to my hard drive ?

What is other storage on my mac, and can I delete it ? Or copy it to my hard drive ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 6:40 AM

I have the same situation. Did the video supplied by SravanKrA help you?

I did not see anything specifically about how to remove the 200+ GB of "Other" that is showing when I follow his linked video. I've found that is supposed to represent stuff saved on the Mac while in another User account, but I am the only Account on this Mac. Have I been hacked and someone using my Mac as their own external storage???

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 6:40 AM in response to NishanthHB

I have the same situation. Did the video supplied by SravanKrA help you?

I did not see anything specifically about how to remove the 200+ GB of "Other" that is showing when I follow his linked video. I've found that is supposed to represent stuff saved on the Mac while in another User account, but I am the only Account on this Mac. Have I been hacked and someone using my Mac as their own external storage???

Oct 14, 2020 12:12 PM in response to msee96

On your Mac go to the Menu, About this Mac. Click on Storage. Wait for the display to update. Other is all data on your phone that doesn’t fall into any of the listed categories. Then tap on Manage. This will list all of the files on your Mac, sorted by size and grouped by folder. You can browse through it looking for the largest consumers of data, and delete any that you no longer need.

Ah, just found it. Here’s more information—>What is "Other" and What Can I Do… - Apple Community

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.