Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google "detected unusual traffic" message on iPhone

When I opened Google with Safari(using iPhone), this message appeared "Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network" but my PC doesn't have this problem.

And I don't use VPN.

I don't know why this happens.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 2:17 PM

hi i just had this problem and i restarted/powered off my phone and it’s working now. have i been hacked or is it just a glitch? can you explain what it was if you know because it’s making me very anxious

25 replies

Jan 5, 2021 3:19 PM in response to Julia8219

Again have you tried going to safari, advanced, experimental features, and turning on HTTP/3 because for me on AT&T network where I live I consistently get “Google detected unusual traffic from your computer network” but the second I turned that on from a friends recommendation sure enough the block went away also though to solve getting those issues you could always just sign into Google and that also stopped Google from thinking I was a robot.

Oct 18, 2020 5:47 AM in response to _Cecelia111

Maybe it’s too late but sharing an update. Happened to me few days back...no chance at all search anything via Safari on Google. Always did pop up message with Unusual traffic, not even able to pass Captcha as after verification another Captcha request appeared. Cleared history and website data, checked for Malware... nothing. So last try was restart iPhone and log in to my Google account and whoala!! Everything works fine and no message anymore. /iPhone X, O2 UK

Jan 4, 2021 8:30 AM in response to HunterRaze

None of these solutions worked for me. It seems to be the way that Siri is sending search results to open Youtube.

It works if I tell Siri "Look on youtube for..." and it displays a grid of videos to click.

If I just click the Siri search result after saying "hey siri...i have this question..." then click whatever link there for a youtube, then it doesn't work, every time. I have tried all the suggestions to fix it. It is something in the way that the search is being sent from the Siri result, through google, to the youtube page.

I'd love to see more complaints about this, it does seem to be an apple issue in the way searches are being redirected from the Siri result to open a youtube search result from Siri.

It has nothing to do with location or device, it happens on multiple friends' ipads and iPhones I've tried, and happens whether or not I'm using Wifi or cellular and happens from multiple locations on cellular and wifi.

Apr 17, 2021 8:33 PM in response to smtips

Same problem here on my 2019 MacBook Pro 15''... I have had this problem for over a year now, and I still have it plus more. Not only do I still have to do the "reCAPTCHA-20 TIMES A DAY", but google search and my Gmail account, for the matter, won't acknowledge or recognize that I own all Apple products, not Android/Google products.

My biggest problem with all this mess is even before returning to a Gmail/Google account again I tried using just an "@iCloud Email Only" as my email and applied it while using my Mac and iPhone only as my devices..... So ALL APPLE 100%, and yet, among a ton of other issues I was still getting "reCAPTCHA"...... All while troubleshooting with Apple Support for over a year. Again remember I had no Gmail account, no Yahoo account and, no Outlook account, and I still can't go 15min without getting caught up with tons of Errors, reCAPTCHA's, Kernal Panics, Beachballed to death, hanging apps, freezing system, passwords changing on there own, putting a third party email as a "REACHED AT ONLY" on my apple account, then next time one of my devices ask for a password, for one reason or another It whips my (reached-at email) up to the top of both my devices as my appleid and takes my @icloud, which was my true appleid user sign-in and makes it an alias. I'am Apple **** and I can't find the freaking front door.

Jan 9, 2021 10:24 AM in response to HunterRaze

There is no "experimental features" under Safari>advanced in my iPhone. Also this has nothing to do with Siri. At least on my phone. I've always kept Siri turned off. Siri drains my battery at an exponential rate & causes the phone to not charge correctly. I finally solved this problem entirely though. I bought an Android. I've owned several generations of iPhone since the very beginning but I'll never own an Apple product again. I've beome less & less of a fan of iPhones ever since iOS 6. When they got rid of the iPod app for the "music app" & started randomly deleting my music that was ripped from CDs I own & randomly deleteing my album art to replace with their incorrect album art. Now I've had enough. Good luck with their inferior products.

Jan 28, 2021 11:32 AM in response to HunterRaze

After many discussions with my VPN host, turning it on and off, all of the above suggestions etc etc, HunterRaze’s suggestion fixed this for me... it’s been about a week and no Google reCAPTCHA message, which was only happening on my iPhone and not PC or iPad. Just before this started I had dowloaded my latest iOS 14.4 update and my phone loads slower, I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Google "detected unusual traffic" message on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.