Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac late 2013 connect as secondary display to MacBook pro 2020

Ok so i have a late 2013 iMac that i wish to use as a secondary display for my new 2020 mac book pro. I purchase apple usb-c to Thunderbolt 2 connector and a Thunderbolt 2 cable, i have connected everything. I followed all the advice (checked that keyboard FN keys are activated) but when i hit Command+F2 ...all i get is a sound and nothing else. I have followed all advice and haven't found any possible solution as to why its not working. I rebooted each mac, i have them connected while on the same network and both open to the desktop. I have even made sure my macbook was connected on the AC adapter, i have tried every port to see if i perhaps was working with a dud ...still nothing.

Any advice because after spending 125$ on cable to attempt to achieve this i need to know if i can simply return them and give up my pursuit.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 9:40 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

iMac late 2013 connect as secondary display to MacBook pro 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.