Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Sharing Playlist

I am an Apple Music subscriber who would like to share my playlists with a friend. I'm using iTunes 12.8.2.3 on an older iMac that cannot use the newer Apple Music app. Can I share my playlists with my friend? Does my friend need to subscribe to Apple Music? Does she need to own her own copies of the songs in my playlist? Although she has a Windows computer, can she use either the iTunes app or the Apple Music app on her machine? Thanks.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 10:14 AM

Can I share my playlists with my friend? Yes, if you both have a subscription to Apple Music.

Does my friend need to subscribe to Apple Music? See above.

Does she need to own her own copies of the songs in my playlist? No.

Although she has a Windows computer, can she use either the iTunes app or the Apple Music app on her machine? On Windows she can use iTunes.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 10:14 AM in response to Eric P. Stewart

Can I share my playlists with my friend? Yes, if you both have a subscription to Apple Music.

Does my friend need to subscribe to Apple Music? See above.

Does she need to own her own copies of the songs in my playlist? No.

Although she has a Windows computer, can she use either the iTunes app or the Apple Music app on her machine? On Windows she can use iTunes.

Apple Music Sharing Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.