Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

applecare

If I have apple care do I still need insurance through my cell phone provider?

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 11:10 AM

AppleCare+ can be purchased with or without Loss and Theft protection. If you purchased it with you don’t need insurance through your provider, as the it is the same insurance your network provider offers.

Here are more details:AppleCare Products - iPhone - Apple

6 replies

Aug 24, 2020 11:10 AM in response to Alvaro718

So, almost certainly, the answer is no, you do not need both. But you need to make that final assessment, based on the terms and conditions of AppleCare+, and those offered by your carrier's insurance plan. You have got to assess whether the carrier's coverage is coextensive with AppleCare+, and, if so (or even if not), which one offers better terms (not just about repairs generally, but accidental damage, other kinds of loss, or theft, if applicable and replacement policies. It's kind of like trying to determine whether your home owner's policy covers you in a rental car, and whether any supplemental insurance from the car company is needed.

JDee

applecare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.