Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet connectivity issue

im in a hotel right now and ive been trying to connect to the wifi for the past half hour. my ipad pro and iphone are connected but my macbook says its connected but i cant get on the internet.

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 11:30 AM

Note that for many hotel networks you need to accept the terms, sometimes simply opening a new browser window and navigating to a site like amazon.com will trigger the prompt.

Try deleting then re-joining the network (System Preferences > Network > Advanced button > Wi-Fi tab, select the network then click (-).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 11:30 AM in response to Appleuserofthecentury

Note that for many hotel networks you need to accept the terms, sometimes simply opening a new browser window and navigating to a site like amazon.com will trigger the prompt.

Try deleting then re-joining the network (System Preferences > Network > Advanced button > Wi-Fi tab, select the network then click (-).

Aug 24, 2020 12:15 PM in response to Appleuserofthecentury

another trick is to attempt to load a web site without using Domain-Name-Server alpha-to-numeric lookup.

In a Browser window, enter 1.1.1.1 as the web site address. This sometimes allows the local server to intercept and provide the login page. (that web site is owned by CloudFlare, which is not part of the solution, they just have the absolute simplest number to remember.)

Internet connectivity issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.