Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

have a Apple ID already but wanted to create a new one wanted to know if I was to create a new one will I still be able to get my apps and stuff from the old Apple ID

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 1:23 PM

If you create/use a new Apple ID, you will lose access to some of your data and the purchases made with your existing Apple ID. For the purchases, you can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create        

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.    

Why not do a name change on your current ID so you can retain your data and purchases? Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 1:23 PM in response to Girl_joy

If you create/use a new Apple ID, you will lose access to some of your data and the purchases made with your existing Apple ID. For the purchases, you can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create        

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.    

Why not do a name change on your current ID so you can retain your data and purchases? Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.